The worst moment in a working day is when we see the message, WiFi connected but no internet on our Pc. At the start, we felt confused about it. why the internet is not working and when we don’t find the solution, we start getting anxious, it not only hurts our mental health but it also hurts our productivity.
Over the years we face this issue many times. which is why we know how it feels too, luckily you don’t have to face this problem anymore. Here are we going to give you every working solution to solve your no internet connection problem?
WiFi connected but no internet? Easy way to Fix it
Here are our top solutions to fix no internet connection on your PC:
Restart Your Device
We know it sounds common and you probably do that, if not then do it now. It’s the most common thing and the best solution for almost all your basic technology-related issues.
Restart not only refreshes all your pc basic network settings but also forces your network driver to reload itself and clear your background running software plus it gives your pc a minor boost. whenever you start your pc it’s on its top performer.
Additionally, you should also restart your router. It forces your router to re-establish the network again with your pc. Just unplugged your router and waited for a minute and plugged it back in. Your router will automatically connect to a network itself and hopefully, after starting again your pc start receiving data.
Start The Windows Troubleshoot
Microsoft knows that once in a while you are going to face minor issues in your Windows PC. This is why it includes an automatic problem solver in their windows. which we call troubleshooting. You can run that function on a PC to solve minor issues.
It can check all your PC settings and fix them right away. Make sure you use it whenever you have any network-related problem such as printed connection, internet connection, or any other unusual problem.
Here are the following steps you can take to resolve run troubleshooting.
- Type settings in your computer search bar and open it.
- Now, click on the network and internet tab.
- Click status on your left-hand menu.
- Tap on the network troubleshoot option.
Leave it until it completes its work. It will automatically solve all minor issues. if it’s not then can move to other methods down below.
Proxy is a route between your internet connection and your router. All your data comes from the getaway of your proxy server. If it fails or shows the wrong server then probably your PC will not be able to access your internet connection. Smoothly as before.
If you are using a proxy for fast internet and a stable connection, maybe it’s a problem, and disabling it might solve your problem.
Here are the following methods that can be used to disable your proxy
- Type setting in the windows search bar and open the tab.
- In the new tab, you can see Network and Internet click on it
- Select proxy on the left menu bar
- Now search for the manual proxy set-up section and make sure that Use a proxy server toggle is turned off.
Test your internet after disabling your Proxy and if didn’t work, then come back to your old Proxy.
Read Also: How To Fix “No Internet Secured” Error
Update Internet Network Drivers
Whenever a new update comes from Microsoft. Many times we forgot to update our pcs network driver, as a result, we have to face a malfunction on your internet connection. The simple solution for that problem is to update your outdated driver.
Here are the following steps you have to follow to update your driver:
- Go to the search bar and search device manager and open it.
- Now search, network adaptor in the list and expanded it
- Look for your Wi-Fi adaptor on that list and right-click on it
- Find you can see the update driver option tap on it to start updating your driver
If you are not able to automatically update a driver on your PC. Then there is another way of doing it. You can update your network drivers manually, for that you have to download a network driver from your PC manufacturer’s official website and install it on your PC.
You can use your smartphone for downloading the required driver too. go to your Pc manufacturer’s official website and search for a network driver and download it on your smartphone. When the download is complete use your USB transfer into your PC. This is a very simple method, it just takes a minute to complete. Make sure you download the newest version to avoid any future issues.
Disable Your VPN Service
If you want to hide from the internet and still want to use it without any trouble then the virtual private network VPN works best for you. It’s also the best way for accessing other countries’ servers without going there.
Although it’s a great way to use the private internet, it also adds one extra step between server and internet connection. So, if your VPN service provider is facing any issues with their server it will affect your internet. In the worst-case scenario, your internet stops working even if it’s connected to your WiFi.
Here are some steps you can follow to disable your VPN service to check your internet connection:
- In your Windows search bar type settings and open the new window.
- Now click on the network and internet on the pop-up screen.
- Tap on VPN from the left screen menu.
- Click on the VPN connection that you are currently using and tap on the disconnect button.
Now reconnect to your internet connection.
If you are unable to connect to the Internet after disabling VPN Service it doesn’t mean you enable it right away. The Main problem with your network connection still needs to be found, until then keep your VPN disabled.
Change DNS Server Address
Default DNS server works probably best in most situations, but sometimes it’s got a little slow or the server stops working. In that case, your PC is showing you no internet connection.
You can solve that problem just by changing your DNS server address. you just have to use any public DNS service provider such as Google and Cloudflare. They have a much faster and more stable DNS server than others and it’s totally free for everyone.
Here are the following steps you can follow to change your DNS server address within a minute.
- Open the run menu by clicking Windows + R multiple times.
- In the black space type “control /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter” and then click enter.
- You can see the change adapter settings in the left pop-up menu click on it.
- Now in the center-right click on Wi-Fi and select properties.
- In the new window search for “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4),” and click on the property button.
- It will lead you to a new window, here you can see the IP address section and DNS server. Go for DNS server and put public service codes
- You can use any DNS server address, here is google public DNS server code 18.104.22.168 or you can go for 22.214.171.124 for a cludefire.
Change Your Bandwidth Settings
There are two different bandwidth speed options available on your PC. Probably your PC is using the 5 GHz network band, which is the most reliable, fast, and supports long distances. If you feel it’s not working great with your router then you can move to the 2.4 GHz band. It’s a little slow than 5 GHz but if it works for you then you should sustain it.
Here are the following steps you can follow to change your network bandwidth
- Go to settings and click Network and internet.
- Search the change adoption option and click on it.
- Now right-click on your active network adaptor and select its Properties.
- You can see the configure option on the right top of the property window click on it to set up bandwidth.
- On a new window go to the advanced tab and search for wireless mode.
- Click on the right drop-down list and set the 802.11b/g, and tap enter.
Test your internet again to see a result.
Reset Your Network Settings
Your PC didn’t require a full reset to solve the problem like no internet connection, but you can perform a reset setting for your network connection. It will erase all your previously connected devices and come back to its default network settings.
Here are the following way to reset your network settings
- Go to your Windows search bar and search Network Reset.
- A new window opens clicking on the Reset Now button to continue.
Scan Your PC For Malware
Malware is dangerous for your pc, it can slow down your pc performance and make other functions unstable. In some cases, it becomes the main reason for bad network connection.
If you’re feeling unusual on your pc then full scanning is the best option for you. You don’t have to buy another malware scanner, you can use Microsoft’s inbuilt windows defender software for detecting any malware on your pc.
Here are the sets you can follow to scan your pc with windows defender
- Go to a Windows search bar and type window security and open the new window.
- Now you can see the new window opens, click on virus and thread protection.
- On a new window, you have multiple options for scanning your PC.
- Go with the full scan option and tap on scan now it will automatically start scanning your pc.
We hope that the above method solves your internet problem efficiently. If you are still struggling with your internet connection, then you should call your internet service provider. They will certainly tell you the exact problem of your no internet connection problem.
Although you can check our other articles regarding the network problem or you can comment on this article. We will reply to your comment as soon as we can.