Is your PC slow due to excessive CPU usage? Don’t worry, We have provided easy strategies to help you to troubleshoot WMI Provider Host excessive CPU utilization.
What is a WMI Provider Host?
WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.exe) is a necessary part of Windows that normally runs withinside the background. It allows packages on your PC to request and fetch statistics approximately different packages. Without this provider, it might be difficult to control laptop packages.
When running normally, WMI will now no longer use major CPU sources. Some come across excessive disk utilization mistakes due to the WMI ingesting a huge percent of machine sources. This reasons the CPU warmth up and turns out to be unresponsive.
What is WMI Provider and What Does It Do?
WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) is fixed of gear and extensions constructed into Windows to facilitate conversation among unique packages and the machine. This is an important provider for companies that control numerous computers.
Other than statistics conversation, this module can offer important statistics that could in any other case now no longer be furnished through the normal Windows interface. For instance, you could discover statistics together with your motherboard`s version wide variety, PC`s serial wide variety, or maybe the fitness popularity of your tough power.
Why Is WMI Provider Host Using Most Of Your CPU Resources?
WMI needs to devour 1% to 2% of your CPU sources whilst running normally. That`s whilst it gets a request from an app to fetch statistics. This is the usual charge of intake and needs to now no longer throw any troubles. However, sometimes, WMI can position an enormous load at the CPU due to excessive reminiscence utilization.
Some of the troubles you may enjoy whilst this takes place include:
- Unresponsive packages
- Increased CPU temperatures
- Slow PC Lag and slowness
How to Fix WMI Provider Host?
If you’ve got encountered excessive CPU utilization due to WMI turning into unresponsive, you could without difficulty restore the CPU utilization problem with the easy strategies below.
We`ve displayed some easy processes that will help you restore the WMI company host excessive CPU utilization trouble.
1. Restart Your PC
The first easy technique you need to attempt is to restart your Windows PC. By restarting your PC, you’re capable of beginning the Windows OS throughout again. That way whatever inflicting WMI to misbehave with remedy withinside the manner.
Restart WMI Service Sometimes, the answer lies in restarting the WMI provider.
- Press Windows key + R key for your keyboard Alternatively, click on the Start button and sort Run withinside the textual content container to open the Run communicate container
- Type provider.msc into the communicate container and press Enter Locate WMI provider withinside the new window
- You may also press W for your keyboard to leap to offerings that begin with letter “W” After finding WMI provider, click on it and choose restart.
- This technique need to resolve the wmiprvse.exe excessive CPU utilization trouble for maximum customers.
But if the trouble persists, you can troubleshoot further.
2. Repair or Rebuild Windows Management
- Click at the Start button Type Run into thebox, and press Enter to open the Run communicate container
- Now input Winmgmt /salvagerepository %windirpercentSystem32wbem into the dialogue box and press Enter
- If you don`t see any response, attempt Winmgmt /resetrepository %windirpercentSystem32wbem
- Restart your PC
3. Use Event Viewer Process to Find the Cause of WMI High Disk Usage
WMI fetches statistics from packages and different machine components. So, whilst an application or provider will become unresponsive at the same time as looking to fetch the info, the request will now no longer pass thru. The outcomes are excessive CPU utilization.
Fortunately, you could use Event Viewer to discover the purpose of the trouble.
- Click the Start button and sort Run
- Press Enter to open the Run dialogue box, Type Event Viewer and press Enter From the menu
- Click on View and permit display analytic and debug logs, Go to the left panel and navigate to Applications and Service Logs>Microsoft>Windows>WMI-Activity>Operational
Hopefully, the steps mentioned in this article have helped you to resolve this pesky trouble.