DISM is an important tool for carefully setting up and mounting Windows images in the background of your system. However, there are some conflicts related to this DISM Host Service process or the DISMHost.exe process.
The following session will show you the easiest way to fix the high CPU, disk usage, or Memory usage issue of DISM Host Servicing Processes on your computer.
What is DISM Host Servicing?
DISM is an acronym for Deployment Image Servicing and Management, which manages the process of mounting and un-mounting of Windows image files when complex system updates need to be installed.
DismHost.exe or DISM Host Servicing Processes may not be considered an important component of the Windows operating system because it does not have an icon or window in its associated system tray.
In addition, the DISM host maintenance process causes a variety of issues, including High disk, CPU, or memory usage, usually up to 90-100% Use internet bandwidth.
However, of all these issues, one of the most common issues is the high CPU utilization. Therefore, we have put together this article on how to fix DISM Host Service errors on your computer.
Consider the below methods to fix this issue:
Method 1: Disable Superfetch Service
Disabling the super fetch service system from your windows must be the first method to resolve DISM servicing process high CPU, high disk, memory usage issues as it is the simplest way. Follow the below steps to get started:
- Step 1: A run dialogue box will appear when you Press the Windows key and R key together (Windows +R key).
- Step 2: Under the run dialogue box type service.msc and hit the OK Button.
- Step 3: After doing these steps, You have to search Superfetch under the service box and double click on it.
- Step 4: Move to the Properties window, change the setting from Startup menu and Type Disabled, then change the Service Status to Stopped, and save the above actions.
- Step 5: Then click the Apply option and click OK to save your changes.
- Step 6: Restart your windows after you complete the steps that are listed above, and check whether the high CPU, Disk, memory usage error stills appears.
Don’t worry if this method does not work to resolve the issue we have many more methods listed below, follow one of them according to your convenience.
Method 2: Stop the bit service
You can also choose Stop Bit Service to fix the error where “DISM host servicing processing high disk, high CPU, high memory usage. Follow the below steps to get started:
- Step 1: In the First step, start with pressing the Windows key and the R key together, the execution dialog box will appear on your windows.
- Step 2: Type service.msc in the Run prompt box under the dialogue box that appears and hit the OK button press save and continue.
- Step 3: Next you have to access the background intelligent forwarding service and click twice under the window that appears on your computer screen.
- Step 4: Under the setting option find and Change the Startup Type option to Disabled. Next, change the service status to Stopped, click the apply option to save the changes and continue.
- Step 5: In the final step, you would have to reboot and restart your windows. After completing the above steps check wether this method worked or not.
Method 3: Perform a malware or virus scan
Performing a quick malware or virus scan is always considered effective and should be done as a priority if any technical issue occurs in your windows. If a virus or malware corrupts the Dism.exe file, Windows Defender may not work to resolve the error. Follow the steps that are listed above:
- Step 1: In the first step, press the window key and I key together, Settings will open.
- Step 2: Under the settings, choose Update & Security option in the prompted window.
- Step 3: Next, you have to move to the Window Defender tab and select the Open Windows Defender Security Center option there.
- Step 4: Select the Virus and Threat Protection option.
- Step 5: Then, choose the Quick Scan option to scan any virus corrupting the DISM.exe file.
- Step 6: Next, Windows Defender removes the virus or malware that is present on your computer after the scanning process.
- Step 7: In the final step, reboot your system to check whether the issue resolved.
Hope that this article would be helpful for you to resolve the DISM hosting process with high CPU, High disk, and memory usage.