Do you ever feel that your Instagram is acting abnormally, or is working slowly? Sometimes you may feel that your Insta account is crashing due to Internet issues or technical problems. Don’t panic; thousands of users have this problem every day while reading through their timelines, uploading their tails or posts, or utilizing the app’s DM. Instagram might crash for a variety of reasons, but there are many ways to resolve it.
This article mentions the reasons why your Instagram account crashes and how to fix it.
Reasons why Instagram crashes
There are various reasons why Instagram account crashes frequently:
- Instagram keeps crashing for a variety of technical and non-technical causes.
- If you are unable to add music to your Instagram story, your Instagram app needs to be updated.
- Your device’s RAM is low and your Instagram app is corrupt (you need to clear the cache).
- The mobile device’s operating system or application version is typically to blame for this issue.
- The storage of the gadget may also contain it. You can eliminate it and try once more.
These reasons might crash your Instagram and you won’t be able to use it smoothly, however, we have provided various fixes below if you face such a problem.
The Instagram app may encounter a problem that has been resolved in the most recent version if you’re using an earlier version. The apps on your smartphone should be updated frequently because sometimes outdated versions are gradually phased out. Search for Instagram in the Google Play Store and click “Update” on the app page to update the Instagram app.
How to update apps on Android
· Activate the Play Store.
· Click the “Menu” button.
· Select “My Apps & Games.”
· To update all apps, select “Update All” or “Update Next to Instagram.”
How to update apps on iOS
· Activate the App Store.
· At the top of the screen, tap your profile symbol.
· To view the upcoming updates, scroll down.
· To update all applications, select “Update All” or “Update Next to Instagram.”
Restart your device
Small background problems that can be interfering with app activity might be resolved by restarting your phone. It is an excellent method for identifying potential app malfunctions. Press the power key repeatedly to access restart.
Check Instagram status
Check to see if Instagram is having issues if the Instagram app loads but no content does. On rare occasions, the app may experience a localized outage due to host problems or a natural disaster. You can find out if Instagram is having issues by visiting websites like Down Detector.
Clear the Instagram app and cache
It is possible to clear the app’s cache if you have upgraded your Instagram app. This is a fantastic way to prevent Instagram from crashing.
How to clear the Instagram cache on Android
· Your smartphone’s “Settings” app should now be launched.
· Select “Storage” from the menu.
· To view a complete list of installed apps, select “Other Apps.”
· Locate and tap the “Instagram” app.
· Select “Clear Cache” from the menu.
How to clear the Instagram cache on iOS
· On your iPhone or iPad, open the “Settings” app.
· Select the “General” tab.
· On the tab, select “iPhone Storage.”
· Find “Instagram” by scrolling down and tapping it.
· Tap “Delete App,” then click “OK.”
· You should redownload Instagram from the App Store.
Uninstall and reinstall the app
You can try deleting the program and reinstalling it if the problem still exists. Long-press the app icon in the app drawer and choose “Uninstall” to remove it. Additionally, you can choose “Uninstall” under Settings>Apps>Instagram. Search for Instagram in the Google Play Store to reinstall it. Go to the app page and click “Install.”
Check your phone’s available storage
If the storage on your smartphone is low, Instagram may potentially crash. Your smartphone needs between 10% and 20% of its storage to be free for apps to function properly. You might not be able to use other apps on your phone if apps like TikTok hog the storage space.
See if Instagram is down
The first thing you should do if Instagram is crashing for you is going to DownDetector and see whether other users have reported the same issue. If so, it’s likely that Instagram’s servers are offline. Visit Instagram’s official PR Twitter feed to confirm this.
Leave the Beta version of Instagram
As Beta Versions are not stable, if you have Instagram’s Beta Version enabled, you are more likely to crash. You should exit the Beta program and return to Instagram’s default settings.
Leaving the Beta version on the Android
· Search for the Instagram page in Play Store after opening it.
· To the You’re a beta tester window, scroll down.
· Click on “Leave” and wait for a notification.
· Reinstall Instagram’s default version after uninstalling it first.
Leaving the Beta version on iOS
The option to sign up for Instagram’s Beta program is different for iOS users because you need Apple’s Test Flight app on your iPhone. Remove the Beta version from the Test Flight app on your iPhone if you have the Beta version and want to use the standard Instagram.
Check the file format
Check the format of the image or video you’re trying to upload if Instagram keeps crashing while you’re trying to post. MPEG, FLV, and 3GP are among the file formats that Instagram does not support. Use a web tool like online-convert to convert your file to a usable format.
Update Your Phone’s software
Any issues or errors in the most recent version of the Instagram app are fixed by updating your smartphone.
Updating Android Smartphone
· Log into your phone’s settings.
· Select Software Update by descending the page.
· The Software Update option (steps may differ across Android devices).
· Verify whether there are updates or only downloads accessible.
· Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
· Select Software Update under General.
· If updates are available, check for them and install them.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What to do if Instagram keeps crashing?
Always be sure to check for any operating system and app updates. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app if both your operating system and it are current. In most circumstances, that should make it right.
2. Why is my Instagram crashing when I try to post a picture?
Lack of storage space on your phone and memory deterioration might both contribute to this issue. Therefore, if you try to upload something to Instagram and it keeps crashing, consider cleaning up some open space and trying again; it should cure the issue.
3. How do I fix my Instagram from crashing?
How can I fix Instagram if it keeps crashing? Always be sure to check for any operating system and app updates. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app if both your operating system and it are current. In most circumstances, that should make it right.
4. How do I reboot Instagram?
The majority of the time, restarting Instagram will fix any errors. You’ll need to shut down the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android in order to accomplish this. Then, launch the app again to see if the issue has been fixed. Restart the computer.
5. Why can’t I open my Instagram?
Change your password or email a password reset request to yourself. For extra security, enable two-factor authentication. Verify the accuracy of your phone number and email address in the account settings. Remove any associated accounts that you don’t recognize by checking the Accounts Center.
Unexpected Instagram crashes can be a frustrating experience. This article will help you to fix the issue of Instagram crashing. If you know of any other method do let us know in the comment section below.