Windows 11 is the latest version of the Windows operating system. It will be available for free for Windows 7 and 8.1 users and will be available for purchase for Windows 10 users.
Unfortunately, Keyboard not working in Windows 11 is a common issue that affects many users. It is a problem that can be fixed easily if you know the solution. First of all, you can try to search and check for any error messages in the system tray of the taskbar.
In this article, we will show you how to fix the issue of the Keyboard not working in Windows 11 issue by following these steps:
- Restart your PC.
- Check if the keyboard is connected properly.
- Check if the driver is installed properly on your PC.
- Enable/Disable HID Keyboard Device in Device Manager (Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices).
- Turn your Filter Keys Off
- Troubleshoot the Keyboard
- Scan for Malware or Viruses
Introduction To Windows 11-
Windows 11 was released on October 24, 2018, with a focus on performance, security, productivity, and ease of use. It is designed to work with devices like laptops, desktops, and tablets as well as smartphones and other IoT devices.
It is a major upgrade to the current OS with more features and improvements than any other release before it. It includes a new interface that makes using your computer more convenient than ever before, as well as an improved search function and Cortana integration with Bing Search Engine.
The features of Windows 11 are:
- – A more streamlined design with a flatter Start menu, called “Start” that can be accessed with a swipe up from the bottom of the screen;
- – The ability for users to pause updates, allowing them to choose when they want their device software updated;
- – New apps that are optimized for touch screens and tablets;
- – Improved Cortana integration into Microsoft’s apps; and
- – Enhanced security features.
Want To Fix Keyboard Not Working Windows 11? Try to restart your PC
The keyboard not working issue on your Windows computer can be fixed by following these simple steps:
1) Shut down your computer and unplug it from the power source.
2) Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to turn off your PC.
3) Remove any external device connected to your PC, such as a mouse, keyboard, or monitor.
4) Wait 10 seconds before turning on your PC again.
The keyboard not Working Windows 11! Check and Reconnect your Keyboard
· For Wired Keyboard
If the keyboard isn’t working in Windows 11, it’s usually because the keyboard cable has been disconnected. There are a few steps that you can take to fix the issue.
- – Check if your keyboard is plugged in and you’re getting power from it
- – Check if your computer is recognizing the keyboard
- – If you’re still having issues, restart your computer and plug in the keyboard after it has Booted up.
· For Wireless Keyboard
If the keyboard not working in Windows 11, you can check and reconnect it by using Bluetooth.
- Open Settings by clicking on the Start button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Click on Devices and Bluetooth
- Click on Show Bluetooth Devices
- Right-click on your keyboard, then click Uninstall Device from this device
- Wait for a few seconds, then right-click again and choose Install Device from this device
- Follow the on-screen prompts, Right-click on your keyboard again, and choose Set Active Device
- Click Pair to connect the keyboard to your computer.
Check for the Driver installed on your PC to fix the Keyboard not Working
If you have a Windows PC and your keyboard suddenly stopped working, it might be that the drivers are not installed. Here are the steps to check if drivers are installed on your PC.
First try using these ways: –
- Start by checking if drivers are installed on your PC.
- If drivers are installed on your PC, then you need to update them.
- If the issue persists, then you need to reinstall the keyboard driver.
Secondly, follow the given steps if Keyboard not Working windows 11: –
Step 1: Press the Windows key + X to open the quick access menu.
Step 2: Click on Devices and Printers.
Step 3: Right-click on your device and select “Uninstall Device”.
Step 4: Right-click on your device again and select “Scan for hardware changes”.
Step 5: When the scan is complete, right-click again and select “Add legacy hardware”.
Step 6: After that, click on “Next” twice.
Step 7: Select your keyboard from the list of devices found in Step 6 then click Next once more.
Step 8: Your keyboard should now be connected successfully!
Turn Off Filter Keys on your PC or Laptop
Filter keys is a feature that is designed to prevent accidental keystrokes and help users avoid mistyping words. However, this feature has caused some problems for some people.
Turning off filter keys on your PC is a quick and easy fix if you are experiencing issues with the keyboard not working in Windows 11. If you are one of them, you should follow these steps to turn off the filter keys on your PC:
1. Click on the Start button and type in “filter keys” in the search box.
2. Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
3. Click on Disable Filter Keys from the window that appears and then click Yes when asked if you want to disable filter keys for all users or just current users only, depending on what you prefer.
If administrator privileges are not available, please perform the following steps:
1. Right-click on the shortcut to “task manager” and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
2. Click on Disable Filter Keys from the window that appears and then click Yes when asked if you want to disable filter keys for all users or just current users only,
Run the Troubleshooter to fix the Keyboard not Working Windows 11
The keyboard not working is a common issue faced by users of Windows 11. There are a few steps that you can follow to fix if your keyboard is not working.
1) Go to the search bar in the taskbar and type “keyboard”. You will see a list of all the programs that have something to do with keyboards or input devices. Select “keyboard troubleshoot”
2) You will see a list of troubleshooting options for your keyboard. Select “Troubleshoot”
3) You will be taken to another page where you can choose which device you want to troubleshoot – Keyboard, Mouse, or Touchpad
4) Click on “Next” and then select your keyboard device from the list of devices that are available for troubleshooting
5) Follow the instructions on the page to resolve your issue
Oops, Keyboard not Working Windows 11! Scan for Malware and Viruses
A malware scan is a process that checks for malicious programs on a device. It can be part of an antivirus program or additional software. The scan for malware and viruses is not just about checking for viruses, it’s also about being able to identify any new threats that might be introduced into the system.
Our computers can get infected with malware and viruses that can cause keyboard, not working issues. Luckily, there is a way to scan your computer if your Keyboard not Working before it could happen. If you are unsure how, please follow the steps below to scan your computer for malware and viruses.
Step 1: Press the “Windows” + “X” key on your keyboard to open the menu
Step 2: Click on “Command Prompt”
Step 3: In the command prompt window, type in “sfc /scannow” without quotes.
1. How can you fix the keyboard not working on Windows 11?
The keyboard not working on Windows 11 is a common problem. There are many reasons for this, but the most common one is that you have installed a new driver without uninstalling the old one. So, you need to uninstall it before installing a new one. Also, you can try to- i) Reinstall the latest driver for your keyboard and mouse. ii) Reinstall your operating system if it has been corrupted or damaged in any way. iii) Reinstall your USB port if it’s giving you issues as well.
2. What causes the keyboard not to work in Windows 11?
It is possible that the keyboard is not working because of a problem with the keyboard itself, or a problem with your computer. It could be a problem with the keyboard driver software. If you are using an external keyboard and mouse, try connecting them to your computer. The possible causes are:
-The keyboard was moved to another screen.
-The keyboard was removed from the computer.
-A new keyboard or mouse was installed on the system.
-A USB port is not working properly.
3. What is the keyboard not working error?
The keyboard not working error is a very common issue that can be caused by a variety of reasons. It can either be caused by a hardware or software issue. The most common causes are as follows:
1. Unplug the keyboard from the computer and plug it back in again
2. If the keyboard is connected to your computer via USB, try connecting it using an external power source instead
3. Try using the keyboard on another device such as a different computer or smartphone to check if it is really working.